During summer, Gafasandals marked 5-years of designing affordable, ethnic and unique footwear. The brand celebrated this milestone with a launch of its Spring and Summer collection, named ‘Inyi.’ In igbo mythology, ‘Inyi’ means a strong tree or a tree that does not die. It is symbolic of the longevity of our products and the willful and determined spirit of those who wear them.
The collection is designed by our creative director Grace Alex, and pays homage to igbo folklore. It aims to connect young adults in simpatico with their Nigerian cultural heritage.
The reason being, few contemporary footwear brands located in Nigeria mirror our cultural heritage and make it adaptable to our everyday lifestyle. The few that exist, have price points that are unaffordable for young adults and millennials.
- One sometimes needs time to step back and to acknowledge one’s own failures.
- Hire the right people, invested in the success of your company.
- Do not ignore problems, they come back to bite.
- Let go of weak links.
- As a leader, understand how the system operates and be reliable.
- Understand market trends and act in favor of your company.
- Keep track of spending and cut cost as much as possible.